Don't try to walk across a river because it is only four feet deep on average.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Author - Fooled by Randomness
Stocks should be bought the way perfumes are bought not the way groceries are.
If you do not understand the importance of the price of a stock, you pay a heavy price for it.
If I owe you a pound, I have a problem. But if I owe you a million, the problem is yours.
- John Maynard Keynes, Father of modern macroeconomics
Don't work for money. Instead make money work for you.
- Robert Kiyosaki, Author - Rich Dad Poor Dad
Finding the best person or the best organization to invest your money is one of the most important financial decisions you will ever make.
- Bill Gross, Co-founder - Pacific Investment Management
While enthusiasm may be necessary for great accomplishments elsewhere, on Wall Street it almost invariably leads to disaster.
- Benjamin Graham, Author - The Intelligent Investor
Everyone has the IQ to follow the stock market. If you made it through fifth-grade math, you can do it.
- Peter Lynch, Manager - Fidelity Investments
Change is the investor's only certainty.
- Thomas Rowe Price, Jr, Founder - T. Rowe Price investment firm
Markets tend to return to the mean over time.
- Bob Farrell, Chief stock market analyst - Merrill Lynch